Things you need to know about boot leathers
As we stream old movies starring cowboys and shepherds, we tend to replicate their fashion sense in today's day and age, but back then, cowboy boots and hats were not used merely as a fashion statement. Although cowboy boots are no longer worn in harsh environments, their boot leather is still chosen for durability, strength, and flexibility. Cowboy boots still look as classic as they used to back in the old days. Take a look at the most sought after Tony Lama cowboy boots at:
Things you need to know about boot leathers:
Are you planning to add a new masterpiece to your closet? Is it your first pair of cowboy boots, or you already made the wrong choice? The Great Boot Store takes the burden off your shoulders by educating you on the topic of cowboy boot leathers, their pros and cons, and the best brands to choose your cowboy boots from. Sit tight while we walk you down through our leather section to provide you the best options for your next cowboy boots.
1- Caiman and alligator:
Caiman and alligators both fall under crocodilians. Caiman and alligator skin used to manufacture classic leather that we see in some of the most elegant and durable leather products in the world. While understanding boot leathers, it is crucial to know that the most valuable section is the caiman belly. The products made from caiman belly are most durable due to the unique qualities of this section.
- Caiman belly is soft and pliable and makes the finest cowboy boots.
- Caiman alligators are taken as the premier option when it comes to choosing exotic leathers.
- Cowboy boots made up of alligator and lizards are considered the best for wearing on formal events.
- It has a unique tile pattern.
- It has rich and deep color options
- This type of boot leather is given a high gloss finishing.
- It is one of the most expensive leather.
- It is high maintenance material and demands extra care to prevent the hinges between the tiles from cracking.
- The Caiman belly has irregular bone formation, and it tends to bend in areas between these bones. In areas with limited flexibility, it is likely to crack or split.
Check out these handcrafted Los Altos boots made with Caiman belly in a variety of designs and colors at:
Now we have leather obtained from ostrich and is considered one of the most famous exotic leather. Ostrich leather has some unique features that distinguish it from other exotic leathers. One of them is the different patterns we obtain from it as it has different designs on different parts. We cannot get so much skin from ostrich; this is why it has to go through a more extensive process for its production than other boot leathers. Ostrich leather is further categorized as:
Full Quill Ostrich:
It is commonly known as bumpy leather because of bumps from the parts where the feathers are plucked. It is obtained from the trunk region of the animal.
Ostrich legs show a different pattern as, and it often looks like leathers obtained from reptiles.
- Ostrich leather is famous because of its durability.
- It has come out as the most comfortable boot leather due to its softness.
- One of the most notable features of this leather is its breathability.
- It has natural oils that prevent it from cracking or drying.
- Full quill comes at high prices, making cowboy boots with ostrich leather extremely expensive due to which people resort to more affordable options by choosing half quill or smooth ostrich.
The Great Boot Store is selling the best variety of Ostrich boots at the most affordable rates. Check out the product at:
When we see a pair of cowboy boots made up of snakeskin, we can only think of three categories from which the leather is obtained. Yes, you guessed it right! Python, rattlesnake, and anaconda. Snakeskin is not limited to cowboy boots' production but has paved its way to the bags and clothing industry. They are used extensively in fashion accessories due to their mesmerizing patterns distinct from all other boot leathers. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of this leather:
- It comes in a unique pattern that cannot be replicated as they are obtained from different snakes.
- Leather obtained from rattlesnake provides a tough finish, and for a more robust finish, it is common to use python.
- Anaconda is considered the best for formal boots due to their delicate material.
- Snakeskin turns yellow with time.
- It isn't easy to maintain and requires regular leather conditioning to keep the scales smooth.
- Dust accumulates under the scales, which damages it if it is not cleaned correctly.
We bet that you won't want to miss these handcrafted boots made up of genuine python:
Sharkskin is considered as the most luxurious boot leather and is absolutely a thing of beauty. It is obtained mostly from blue sharks that are not endangered or threatened species and is usually accepted as a byproduct of fishing. These exotic leathers make the most exclusive signature styles with enchanting striations.
- Sharkskin forms the toughest leather.
- It is one of the most durable and long-lasting leather
- They are naturally water-resistant leathers.
- Sharkskin leathers are challenging to obtain and usually has a meager supply
- It is extremely expensive due to its unavailability and complicated fishing methods.
- There are significantly fewer variations available in this leather.
No matter how rare shark leather is, the Great Boot Store got you covered by providing the best variety of cowboy boots handcrafted using sharkskin at the incredible price:
Goat leather falls right in between luxury leathers and cheap leathers, making it a well-balanced boot leather. It is the most common leather used in a variety of leather products.
- Boots made of goat leather are breathable and cool due to excessive pores.
- It is soft leather and gives a subtle finish.
- It provides many color options as it can be dyed in numerous colors.
- It is very flexible and can be styled in many ways.
- It takes time to soften with water.
It is the rarest leather and hence the most valuable one.
- It is tough and scuff proof
- It provides unique tanning options.
- It is durable and is available in many variations.
- This boot leather is the most difficult to obtain due to strict rules and regulations.
You can always get a pair of Los Altos Handcrafted leather boots made up of genuine elephant leather from the Great Boot Store.